Friday, January 10, 2014

Only Halfway Over

As I left work today I stopped by Cowardin Jewlers and had then adjust the ring guard from my weight loss (yay skinner fingers=easier music playing!!!). While I was there I showed the gentleman a ring I found last night when I went though the jewelry box from before we moved. (I know it's been a year. Trust me, I know.) I didn't have high hopes. I was the kind of kid that thought anything that was pretty was good enough to keep. (Like hoarders in training wheels.) it may have come out of a bubblegum machine just as easily as from a decease relative and I would have (and did) put the same value on it,"it's pretty!" 

(Ignore my ugly scabs!)

While the stamp has been rubbed off over time and use (I heard this as "vintage antique old"), the gentleman said it was a real natural ruby and 14 c. Gold.

Le whoop!

Obviously that isn't an official appraisal but you bet when Antiques roadshow comes back to RVA, I'm bringing this bad mother in!

In other news is a misty rainy day so I'm putting of running for a bit. May do an intense session of yoga instead, but it's date night so we might do other exercise instead. Heh.

Anywho!

Pepper says hello!

She's looking over my shoulder, making sure I don't misspell anything. ;)

Love,
Brooke


No comments:

Post a Comment