Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bridal Gown Fabric Hunt

Yesterday was a long day of a lot of driving across Virginia looking for the perfect fabric for my gown. While we may have come home empty handed, my mom and I had a blast. Here are some pictures of fabrics that were nice, but no cigar...






While she was searching for the word "metro" the closest word her brain could recall was "people-mover." I suggested she may have meant "train." She insisted there was a train ride in Disneyworld called "people-mover" and I insisted it was called the "monorail." Apparently there's in fact a "people mover," built in 1975 but it was renamed in 1993. It still exists, it's a ride that tours tomorrowland for people to see the different rides. Oh lord, that was the most ridiculous conversation. People mover. Ugh!

On our way out of the adorable town of Culpepper and into Charlottesville we saw the coolest fog/cloud formation around the mountains. 

It's way ahead, the white line in front of the Appalahian mountains.


Check out the steeple sticking out through the fog-cloud.

Anyway. We still had a great time. Found great shops that have amazing fabrics for other projects on other days. Sown of these trims may come in handy.

Great beading!!!!
Meh?!

All in all we covered a lot of ground (literally and figuratively!) for the wedding. 

Then this morning I had the pleasant surprise of J waking me up with this in his hand! 


Then he let memo back to sleep for 2 more hours. Ahhhh... So lucky I am. I have 2 more hours before my long run. Wish me luck!

Love,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment