Thursday, January 2, 2014

New year, same me

I've never been big on NEw Years Resolutions. To me it has always seemed like I was lying to myself. That probably stems from my deep psychological issues but, regardless... I'm not here to change my life. I'm just trying to commit to furthering my commitments to improving my mind and body. 

Let's compare 2013 to the growth I want to make in 2014:

1) I joined weight watchers and have list 30 lbs. awesome right? I agree. Let's hit that goal weight and get WW for free. 

2) I started running and completed a 5k AND a 10k. So much more than I ever thought was possible. I'm running another 10k and am training for a half marathon (undecided which one) and then the richmond marathon next November. 



3) I started 3 blogs, because I thought I had a voice to be heard and thoughts to share. I proceeded to convince myself that no one would ever read them and have since let dust collect on all 3. So while I will probably give my edu blog a wide berth, I will track my running here and my WW on my other blog. Every time I run, I blog here. Every time I weigh in, I blog there. Maybe I'll end up making a decent contribution to web based society by the time 2015 rolls around.

4) I got engaged! To my soulmate! The man of my dreams! But my psychotic blockade is making it difficult for me to fully invest my trust in all manner of things in our relationship. Since I have been seeing a counselor, I have decided to entertain the idea of taking medication. So let's see where that journey takes me.


So... Four things. Kind of a lot. But like I said. I've been working on all of these already. So really I'm just upping the ante.  Send some positive vibes my way! Think happy thoughts and pray happy prayers. 

I can do this!

Love yourself!
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment