Monday, January 27, 2014

2-4-1

Which apparently means Two for One. Have a good laugh now because I won't be allowing anyone to get that one off on me again. It seems so glaringly obvious now, but in those first few days here in the UK (which today means UcK-y weather.) I couldn't understand a fraction of what I saw and read. I thought it might be what they called their Happy Hour. Turns out it's just an insanely good deal you can take advantage of during happy hour. 

I digress, today is a 241. Yesterday's lazy reading coupled with today's lazy weather. A few extras from the past week sprinkled in that I somehow missed. 

A prime example here. On our 2nd or 3rd say our friend BH took us on a quick walking tour of Cardiff City Center (where we're staying and the gents are working.) and I had to laugh about the perfection of this bird sitting stop the statues head. Could it be anymore hilarious?

Indeed if could because literally the NEXT DAY as we walked around looking for lunch, the same bird (I imagine this too be the Mufasa of seagulls, the arcade is his pride [double pun!].) or maybe Even a different bird that stole his idea or fought for the right to take his place, was in the same spot!!  Too funny not to capture.


In days since, I have no seen anymore. I can promise I would have photographed them! 

Below is a framed print we saw in the Rummer tavern when we returned one evening for a few pints. I especially am reminded of my Brother-In-Law. This is something he and my sister would like.


Yesterday J and I got out for a bite to eat (he couldn't stand staying in bed all day like me :-), though I've made quite the art of relaxation.) and he used a phone booth to call a local beer shop. As the phone booth was not of the vintage variety I thought I'd grab a quick few good shots of the castle we walk around day in and day out.


Here is a close up of the gorgeous clocktower.


We decided to watch the FA Cup games at the Queens Vault which is across from Cardiff City's millennium stadium home to their football club. It's actually a good team!


On the way home we stopped in a mountain gear store and I snagged this jumper for £8, wearing it today!!!


Later for dinner we found literally no one on the street and just a few options for eating out. This place, Revolution, was open and we were the ONLY customers. 


J ordered the "original" Budweiser from the Czech brewery that recently won a lawsuit allowing them to CONTINUE using their centuries old brewery name in the EU only. Stupid Anheuser-Busch trying to take advantage with their crappy beer. 


Turns out this one is only morse rarely better. J's rating below:


In the way home we stopped at McD's (again one of the few places open.) and grabbed a mcflurry of the local variety! 


Here's a decent description of what lion candy is:


Today I was determined to get back into running. Promptly got stuck in a few downpours from which I sought shelter in bus stops. Here's a look at how soaked I was (or at least the part not sheltered by me.) don't worry I wore a light running jacket but took it off the second I got in doors. Way too warm!


Figured you should also see how red and breathless I was. Heh.


I cracked open our window to cool down and decided you might want to see a picture of the clock tower that rings EVERY FIFTEEN MINUTES. I had thought this would keep me up at night, surprisingly not.


After I met up with the gents for lunch we went to grab Starbucks (yes they have them over here, and they use my gift cards!) and I thought you may care to know about the local big brewery, (think like Legend's or Hardywood.) makes me think of zombies. The dragon is the symbol of Wales. 


Anyway, I'm back now. Ready to read another good book. See you all tomorrow!!

Love & Cheers, 
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment